View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #321
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
As I have now fully resolved my inner perplexation at the situation we have found ourselves in, I have noted what I perceive are some interesting patterns developing.

Certain members of our commune are taking rather extensive means to ingratiate themselves to the perceived leaders of said commune, as opposed to paying the due amount of respect to those whom are actualy seated in positions of power. While I am far from disputing the power and authority of both Magneto and the Professor, the deference paid to them and their ideas while having had little or no guidance and input provided by the Prelature is, in my humble (though hardly unqualified) opinion, a subtle form of disobediance towards our Lord Apocolypse.

However, I do not fault Magneto and Charles for this per se, but more, I find the actions of those who seem overanxious to ally themselves with those with a reputation for leadership to be the more suspicious.

It would appear to me that in this particular arena Charles and Eric have no more jurisdiction over our actions than anyone else, and blindly following them into action could prove as detrimental as attacking Galactus unaided.

Further, I have considered the prospect of individually attacking one of our fellow Disciples with a minimum of force to be illogical. First, we have no knowledge of each others abilities other than the preconceptions of our previous encounters. Mutation is a constantly evloving condition, of which I am living proof. The ability to secretly amplify or transfer damage could be possessed by any number of our thirty. I think it is an extremely dangerous proposition to request a minimum damage be affected on all of us, giving opportunity for the traitors to ambush some who may be perceived as weaker of fortitude.

A highly rational and well thought out statement, as I would expect from you. Very inightful.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote