View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 08:32 PM   #1290
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

World Team Cup, Level 4 Group 3 Round 1
Tunisia (84th) vs. Sri Lanka (48th), Hardcourt

* Tunisia is shown as 86th, but 84th on the country rankings list. There is some strangeness at the bottom of the rankings I think.

Monday: Y. Rassul d. A. Sankait, 6-3, 6-4, 6-1
Tuesday: A. Morceli d. M. Datar, 1-6, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 12-10
Wednesday: L. Camona/J. Benhamou d. M. Datar/R. Intodia, 6-2, 6-4, 6-0
Thursday: Y. Rassul d. M. Datar, 6-1, 6-3, 6-3
Friday: A. Morceli d. A. Sankait, 6-3, 1-6, 6-2, 6-1

Tunisia wins, 5-0.

This was ... depressing. We just got shut out by one of the worst nations in the world. You can still go down from here, but it's hard. Unsurprisingly, we dropped several more spots in the rankings to 55th, but that's the least of our problems. Even if Manoj Datar had held on instead of losing an epic on the second day, we were still going to get blasted here. Probably should have won (211-199 total points) and it was a gold mine for xp, but our most favorable matchup and still couldn't quite finish. He's in doubles now which is great but we're going nowhere there until the corpse of Ritwik Intodia is expunged ... which is now probably not going to happen until next year.

Uzbekistan upset Chinese Taipei 3-2. We get Chinese Taipei next on hardcourt, and Uzbekistan last for an indoors matchup. But it sure looks like we're just going to keep getting our butts kicked, at a minimum, until Sushant Srivastava joins the efforts. And with Datar declining quickly I don't even know if that would be enough to do much.

Not that we didn't know this already, but I didn't realize the degree to which it is true: we REALLY suck.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-21-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote