View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #161
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Planning a trip to New Orleans in a couple of weeks (Thursday through Tuesday). I already have the plane tickets for four of us.

Am I crazy to consider driving instead? The tickets are Southwest, so I can get a refund in credit. It is 14 hours drive one way. But I am hearing so much stuff about planes being delayed/cancelled, that part of me wants to just forget about it and jump in the car instead. But it also seems crazy to do 28 hours round trip travel for a Thursday-Tuesday trip.

Thoughts?

I can only offer that ATL to NO was one of the absolute worst drives I've ever undertaken.

Yes, I absolutely despise car time, you're not likely to hear me ever use the phrase "good drive" but that trip stands out to me (along with ATL to MEM) as one of the absolute worst I've ever endured.

It's incredible tedium, absurd stretches of just ... nothing. I can't advise doing that round trip so close together, I just can't. (i mean, if you have a high car tolerance and had more like a week to recover, it might be more of a coin flip )

edit to add: I did that drive to NO right around 30 years ago and it still stands out in my mind that strongly, fwiw.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-07-2022 at 09:42 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote