View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #183
Radii
Head Coach

-- Joe Jackson's yellow will keep him out of the playoff finals. This one is on short rest so the lineup might be real interesting.

October 27th, 2015

APL Playoff Finals

Cleveland Stokers (5th) vs Wake Forest Cougars (3rd)

Attendence: 1412

-- The finals are in West Virginia, in Charleston. Decent crowd!

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Burke/Forrest/Varela
DM: Williams
M: Glaser/Shakespeare
AM: Rose/Crook
ST: Roth

Williams, Glaser, and Crook all make their first appearances in some time due to injuries. Rose will start at AML, might end up splitting time with Davidson.

Standard mindset today against a team I feel like we ought to beat more often than not.

2': Burke blocks a pass pretty deep in our own end and just launches the damn thing down field... from about 85 yards away I'd guess, the ball sails into the top of the net. In the air, no bounces. That was pretty flukey, at best. But I will take it! 1-0

13': Their strikers play a nice give and go to get a clear cut chance from the left side of the area, but its wide.

14': lets change to counterattacking here.

17': Free kick for them, shot wide.

29': Roth with a poor shot from 25 yards out way wide. He wasn't under any pressure, I'd rather see him wait for something better.

34': They send a ball down the right side, its crossed from the end line, Delgado heads it, Gyan makes a great save, but there's a rebound, which Delgado puts in. 1-1

HALF: They are outshooting us 7-4, have a slight possession lead 54/46. We're tackling and heading better, they are passing slightly better. Its a close one.

51': A long kick from their keeper, one header sends it into the area and they have a striker right thre 1v1 against Gyan, Gyan comes out.. and stops the shot!

55': Gyan saves another long shot.

61': Davidson is in for Rose.

63': Gyan with a long free kick out of our defense, Roth picks it up behind the defense... instead of shooting, he lays it off for Shakespeare, who misses wide. This time Roth had the better look I think.

82': Pickering in for a very tired Burke.

FULL TIME: No more highlights, we will go to extra time.

I bring Ratzburg in for an exhausted Roth and that's all our changes for the match.

93': Glaser with a nice chip ahead to Shakespeare, but his shot is saved easily.

99': We have it in midfield, a short pass ahead to Ratzburg, he turns by his man and makes a run, still a long ways from goal, a pass to Glaser, a strong shot from 20 yards... just wide.

EXTRA TIME HALFTIME: 15 more minutes.

108': Davidson takes a long free kick (from nearly midfield) and drives it low towards the penalty area. Shakespeare controls it very well given the pace on the ball, turns, shoots, and scores!!!! 2-1

108': We will defend.

112': Also, retain possession, shorter passing, slower tempo.

121': Campbell with a nice tackle and clearance as they try to build up for one last shot.

GAME OVER!!!!

Cleveland 1 : 2 Wake Forest

Man of the Match: Mark Shakespeare (7.4)
Goals: Shakespeare, Burke (7.4)
Assists: Davidson (6.8)
Notables: Varela (7.0), Forrest (7.0), Campbell (7.3), Glaser (7.0)

Some very solid ratings there, the defense was good! I expected higher rating for Gyan given the saves I saw him make, but he sat at a 6.7.

Wake Forest Promoted!!!!

-- The fans are overjoyed, of course.

-- Management has "always expected that I would deliver, and is pleased to not be let down" ... ok then.

-- We will play in the Atlantic Coast Amateur league in tier 7 next year.

We'll finish up end of season stuff tomorrow.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote