View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #351
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, as usual, a mixed bag of updates. I got tied up in Charleston and missed a stage or two, and unfortunately let a quality free agent DB walk. Not the worth thing, but for a team that has been suffering from a combination of benign neglect and moderated incompetence... we don't have a big margin of error.

Going to trot out RB Wells for another season as our RB1, but I'm not ponying up the big bucks to extend him. We'll see where this gets us, I expect to open the offense up more this year as I feel our depth at WR warrants it, and our RB production has been so uninspiring, why not? Our best years were as a pass-first team, so we'll try to get back in that mode, despite lacking the talent of former offerings.

The D7 looks really good (I slept through the early draft and the AI took a star LB for me - no affinity but he looks very good). The secondary ought to be fine, and overall the defense is probably above average talent-wise.

I feel like we might be able to sneak back "into the picture" this year. Not 12 wins, but maybe 9? I really just want out of the friendzone drafting at pick 15... please just either be terrible and pick at 1.2 or be in the playoff chase.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-15-2019 at 09:08 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote