View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #15
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I had mentioned earlier that AP left another travel program to join the EYBL club. It just so happens that we're going to see that group in our first spring tournament this coming weekend. We'll be heading up to Milwaukee for a US Jr Nationals tournament.

Upcoming competition:
Saturday morning: IL Rockets. Based out of Naperville, this is a team that AP has seen a bunch of times, although I'm working with the assumption that it has been primarily U14 kids in the past. They generally play D, have not had gifted playmakers, and at the U14 level they mug AP as part of their rock-fight strategy to win games 30-28 (narrator - they usually lose rock fights against AP teas). The Rockets play in the BlueStar league.

Saturday afternoon: IL Hoop Dreams is not a program I'm familiar with, although they are based out of Elgin. A look at their Twitter feed reveal a couple of names at the U17 team that I recognize, but no insight at all into who we might see at U15. Not ready to go deep diving into US Jr Nationals websites for their results.

Sunday morning: AP's old program, M14. She knows some of the U15 kids, but not all of them. She did have an opportunity to guest play with that group two seasons ago, and recognizes a couple of kids from her school, but not as familiar with this group as I would have expected. Also compete in the BlueStar circuit. This game is circled for AP, for obvious reasons.

4th game will be determined by results from the first three. I know that this is a new group of girls, in terms of playing together, but I'll be a bit disappointed if we're not 3-0 heading into the cross-pool game Sunday afternoon. I suspect the competition is going to be jumping up several levels next weekend, so hopefully the girls can find some early success locally.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote