View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #26
Radii
Head Coach

January 21, 2008

NC A&T (3-9, 1-3 MEAC) at Delaware State (4-12, 3-1 MEAC)

I'm a bit disappointed to have lost to an inferior team last week, but it was a road conference game... and here's another one, against 65 rated Delaware State.

Delaware State appears to have one threat, SF Matthew Washington. He leads them in scoring, rebounding, FG %, 3P %, and FT %. This is a terrible 3 point shooting team, and is actually a team with worse team unity than us.

15:00 1st - A slow start, but we roll off a quick 4 points to take a 9-4 lead.

11:00 1st - We're tied at 12 as we bring our backups in.

4:00 1st - Gah, so frustrating, I can't get a shot to go from anywhere on the court, and they're draining 3s, cutting to the basket for layups, getting offensive boards... we trail 29-18 as the starters come in to finish off the half(it was 22-18 a minute ago...)

We completely come apart and trail 42-22 at the half. The first play after our starters came back in Ewing threw a layup into the front rim, they rebound, we tip a pass into the interior but can't get the steal, it falls to their other post guy instead, he shoots, we block his shot, but we can't recover, it falls to their SF who lays it in. I dunno what to do different here.

Their SG, Johnson, is 3-3 from 3, hasn't missed from anywhere on the floor and has 13 points. We've only turned it over 3 times, which is usually what kills us here... oh, REBOUNDING. they lead 22-11 on the boards. Yeah, we have 11 boards at the half. They have 5 offensive boards and have scored after every one... 10 second chance points.

After falling behind even further early in the 2nd half I quick sim this one out, just too frustrating.

Delaware State 86
NC A&T 56
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote