View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Coaching Staff

The Staff Budget is currently set at $10 million, and we're currently using $7.55 million.

Head Coach Larry Brown

Heh, I just tried to fire him and I'm not allowed I forgot/didn't realize I'd have to pay out his remaining contract to do so. He makes $5 million/year for the next two years. There's a MUCH better coach available who only wants $5.4 million, but I can't buyout Brown and hire the new guy.

Offense: C
Defense: B
Teacher: B
Potential: D

Not bad, not worth $5m/year.

Assistant Coach Phil Ford

2 years/500k

Offense: B
Defense: D
Teacher: C
Potential: D

Ford needs to go but this year is a lost cause anyway, I'm going to let his contract expire most likely instead of buying him out, and focus my extra money on scouting.

NBA Scout Bryant Blount

Here is where I am eating some money. I had a scout with a D rating/C potential making $1 million/year for 3 years. I fired him and am going to have to fulfill the full contract anyway. Seems completely worth it.

$1.2 million/year - 4 years

Scouting Level: B
Potential: A

Prospect Scout William Nicholson

Level: D
Potential: C
Salary: 3 years/350k

This guy sucks, but there are three slots for prospect scouts. Since I'm going to have to eat the money anyway for the duration of the contract, I might as well keep him.

Prospect Scout Mark Page

Level: A
Contract: 4 years @ $1M/year

No brainer hire.

Prospect Scout Darren Bridges

Scouting Level: F
Salary: 3 years @ $100k/yr

Totally an experiment. This is the cheapest scout available. I'm curious how his ratings will rise if I just use him to scout players at the tail end of the draft class.

Trainer Ryan Payton

Level: B
Potential: C

Contract: 3 years @ $700k/yr

After hiring new scouts I can't afford better, and he's not bad anyway.

This leaves me with $9.85 million out of my $10 million staff budget in use. This staff will be in place for the next two seasons barring retirements. After two years I'll begin to have some decisions.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote