Head Coach

December 4, 2009

Charlotte(7-10) at New Jersey(7-11)

CHA:NJ
74:78 OVR
65:81 OFF
78:86 DEF

New Jersey Scouting

PG Devin Harris - 86 OVR - 25.1 ppg/5.8 apg - Great ball handler, very good defender, obviously a good scorer. The last game I played Brandon Roy destroyed me singlehandedly. I'll have to make sure Harris doesn't do the same.

SG Keyon Dooling - 73 OVR - 9.3 ppg - Dooling is an ok starter, not a go to guy but a guy that can defend well, won't turn the ball over and can score a little.

SF Terrence Williams - 73 OVR - 13.2 ppg/7.3 rpg - The #11 pick in last year's draft out of Louisville is off to a great start for the Nets.

PF Eduardo Najera - 64 OVR - 4.2 ppg/3.3 rpg - Clearly the weak link in the lineup. Average at best.

C Brook Lopez - 76 OVR - Lopez is averaging a double double, 14.3 ppg/10.8 rpg. He's not a superstar but he's solid in the post on offense and defense and on the glass.

6th man Rafer Alston is a good guard off the bench, scoring 9 points/game, rated 76 OVR. No one else on the team is rated over 70.

Their big men outside of Lopez are really really poor. Too bad I don't have quality bigs to go after them. But hopefully this is a sign that Gerald Wallace can attack hard and have a big game inside.

First Quarter

New Jersey 35
Charlotte 19

ugh. One thing I noticed here... in college hoops 2k8 if you're playing "lock-on" defense with L2 or whatever, when your man goes up for a shot you contest it automatically. In this game you do not. Im not used to this yet and the Nets hit 4 or 5 shots where I didn't even put a hand up in the shooter's face. I'll have to work on that.

Diaw leads Charlotte with 6, I was going after Najera specifcally there. Harris and Lopez both have 8 for New Jersey and I'm struggling against both.

2nd Quarter

New Jersey 55
Charlotte 48

Just a great second quarter for us. We score the first 8 in a row in the quarter, the Nets push it back ahead by a bit but Gerald Wallace gets matched up against Eduardo Najera for a few minutes and just completely abuses him. Wallace ends the half shooting 6-8 from the field, adding a few free throws for 16 points total. Our scoring is balanced elsewhere, no one else has more than 6. Courtney Lee hits two threes and has 11 for New Jersey. Lopez and Harris have 10 each.

Third Quarter

At the 6 minute mark we tie the game up for the first time in forever, 63-63. Open shots, and even some moderately contested ones just stopped going in as often for New Jersey. Its 67-67 when New Jersey goes on a 7-2 run, but we reel them back in, and its just a 2 point game after 3.

New Jersey 76
Charlotte 74

Wallace leads all scorers with 23. Diaw and Felton with 10 each. Lopez with 14 for the Nets. Harris only has 10. Fouls started adding up again in the 3rd quarter though. Harris has only played 22 out of 36 minutes so far, he's got four fouls. I should point out, 12 assists too, so its not a bad day for him or anything.

Fourth Quarter

10:00 - Devin Harris takes over. He hits a jumper and draws the defense before making two great assists... Wallace is blocked by Lopez on a drive and its 86-76 Nets very quickly.

Heh. The Nets just don't miss for a long time... the get the lead up to 18, 98-80 and the 4th quarter is far less interesting than I would have wanted it to be.

New Jersey 110
Charlotte 95

I played really poorly in the 1st quarter, the 4th though, New Jersey just took over in impressive fashion.

wallace: 29 points/7 boards
Diaw: 14 points/7 boards
Felton: 12 points
Henderson: 9 points
Chandler: 7 points/10 boards

Bell had a very bad shooting day, scoring only 6 points on 3-9 shooting.

For the Nets, Lopez had 21 points/14 boards. Harris had 17 points/17 assists. Dooling 16, Najera 14(I kept trying to leave him to double Harris when he'd start to drive. I learned eventually that Harris would just find him for an open 15 footer every time).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote