View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 4, 2010 -

I woke to this newspaper article as I made it official last night:

"Wigan Athletic Boss Christopher Engles has decided to end his reign at JJB Stadium by resigning from his position as manager.

As yet the media seem unwilling to speculate as to who will replace Engles at JJB Stadium."

There was also this article:

"Managerial legend Christopher Engles has today been named as the man to succeed Ruud Gullit at Manchester United. The highly-respected manager, who turns thirty-six next birthday, replaces Ruud Gullit in the hot seat at Old Trafford.

with the club harbouring expectations of winning the Premier Division this season, the pressure will be on Engles to use his welath of managerial experience to build a title-winning side.

Wigan will now be looking for a new manager."

I'm a managerial legend? When did I become that? Cool

I also had a personal meeting with David Gill. He welcomed me to Old Trafford. He assured me that I can rely on the full backing of the club's board and that we will be expected to win the EPL this season. He reiterated that I will have the extravagent transfer budget of 94 million dollars to spend on players.

I also woke to find the announcement of the official odds for the EPL title. Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool are all 7-4 co-favourites to win the EPL title this year. The rest of the main contenders are Manchester United at 2-1, Aston Villa at 20-1, and Southampton at 33-1.

I can't help but wonder what Wigan's odds are.

Also, there was a reporter from the Daily Star knocking on my door this morning. He wants a brief interview. I know that getting along with the media will be an important part of my job as manager. Still I need to get a new place to live. However, I decide to grant this interview. His main question is: The bookies are tipping you to win the title this season. Do you think you will win the title? I respond, "We have a chance of winning the title, but the players must stay focused and give their best every match."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-14-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote