Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

First week of March

Today is a bad day. I am crushed, totally crushed. I can’t believe what happend last night. I was sitting there watching these fights that I had laid bets on. As is my typical strategy I was looking for fights that looked like sure thing bets. You know the kind where the odds so heavily favor one fighter, and he looks so much better that even if you only win a portion of your bet at least you still end up winning?

It was a black, black day. I had 3 fights staked, and 100k bet between those fights and lost it all. I lost it all. Now that I don’t have the money and I am looking at the finances it is going to be difficult to really bet my way back into the money. I will need to be very frugal with how it is spent.

Right now, I feel as low as I did after that Championship fight. I mean, I have just put my entire operation in jeopardy, and I havn’t even gotten to see my fighters go yet!

So fucking stupid.

I need to focus on these fighters. Lawrence has his fight in 3 weeks and Omar has his in 4. Both look to be approaching peak fitness. I know that for the full effects of the gym to hit neither should be fighting for a couple of months but I need to see them in action. I need to get those important first wins together. We need something positive.

This is an important week in boxing. The first world title defense is to be held this week.

Peter O’ Connell, who is currently the #1 ranked Heavyweight is going to defend his title against Gene Tunney, who is ranked #3.

O’ Connell comes in with a 33-3-0 (19) while Tunney sports a 61-1-1 (45) record. Both fighters look to be in comparable shape with Tunney having the power advantage while O’Connell has the accuracy advantage. Tunney will be the agressor, and defensively they are even.

The bookies like O’Connell in this one as he is a 1-2 favorite. The odds on Tunney are 13-8. Myself, I like Tunney’s chances and will lay some money down in his favor. The payout right now is better than hitting a blackjack.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote