Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #16
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

And just like that it is over. Strategy didn’t play that important of a role after all. The first round was a very offensive fight with both fighters landing well. McFarlane took control with the jab and was able to land some good combinations. Lack really had no response and even though he was landing he wasn’t hurting McFarlane or doing any real damage. On the other hand, it seemed that every combination, uppercut and hook from McFarlane was taking its toll. By the end of the first round Lack had taken a lot of damage and the ref didn’t like what he saw. The fight was stopped at 2:49 of the first round and Lawrence McFarlane was declared the winner by TKO.

That win put some money back in the coffers as the winnings from the bet I laid paid 20k and the take from the fight was almost 200k!

After I got back home I had a message on my voice mail. It was from the manager of Jorge Castro. He had a fight to sell me on. He wanted McFarlane v. Castro, and was willing to pay me 120k as compensation up front.

Now Jorge Castro is a different story, he is a fighter who is ranked lower (#97) and has more fights. He is nearing the end of his career but is still deadly enough to cause all sorts of problems. He won his last fight with a 4th round TKO over Ken Overlin. His record stands at 111-6-2 (76). He is a complete fighter with good all around abilites, who is just edging toward the backside of his long and illustrious career.

I am not ready to start throwing my young fighters to the wolves to I will call his manager back this week and tell him to get real. Control in my matchmaking is one of the only things that I have going for me right now. Besides I need to concentrate on Omar. He has a fight this week.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote