View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #58
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Good friend of mine (who passed away in January) grew up in Buffalo, NY and lived just south of Columbia, SC when we met. I asked him once how he found the small town he lived in when he moved from Buffalo and over the years I heard him tell the story several times. I can promise its original to him (sounds like a great stand up comic line) but hes the first I heard it from.

Said after 24 years of Buffalo winters he loaded everything he could fit into his 1975 Chevy blazer said it was late spring time but he hooked up his snow plow anyway. Said his old blazer needed gas every 2 hours or so. Said he would always make it a point to point out his blazer to the cashier. Said somewhere around Greensboro, NC someone asked "what the heck is that thing on the front of your truck" said he drive 2 more hours to be safe and started looking for a house.

Great story.

Echoing everyone else: I'll take all but a couple of weeks of winter and be happy. It'd be fun to get one or two little snows that melt by the afternoon and that's it. I HATE SCRAPING WINDSHIELDS. I HAVE DONE THAT ENOUGH TO LAST ME A LIFETIME.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote