View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #6439
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So it turns out I am thankful to GeForce Now, a cloud-based service that lets you play games with updated graphics on your phone, PC (through Steam), and other devices. I was watching a sponsored stream on You Tube that used it, and it mentioned that I could get one hour of gametime free through it. I have not been able to play No-Man's Sky since 2018 because my very old graphics card even with new drivers refused to play it. So I signed up for their free service, synced up my Steam library and crossed my fingers, and soon I was playing it. My saved games were there still too. Maybe i can put off buying a new graphics card or computer now.

Price/month is $5 right now, or $25 for 6 months. Either of those gets you priority access to the clouds (low, no queue), extended session length, and RTX on-ray tracing and other graphics upgrades, Certainly worth it for those graphics intensive games.

There's no way that this will actually turn out to be the miracle for me that it sounds like ... but I certainly may have to make sure.