View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 02:57 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We've got a busy slate upcoming after this week.

Today we're playing a small Catholic school and their #1 player is decent but won't be here today and so I'm going to sit my #1 and #2 and move some kids up to give them some good experience playing higher positions, including one of my freshmen who has never played singles for us and a doubles team of two solid players that I want to work on their timing. For context on today's match, if we drop any matches today, I'll be annoyed.

We have 10 matches in April in 20 days during April, so it'll be kinda hardcore, but I wayyyy prefer playing matches to a bunch of extra practices to gear them up. Our league is weird because there are more schools with girls team than boys teams, so the boys end up playing on different days than we do at points. It's a bit disruptive to the practice schedule, but I think if nothing else, it'll keep the girls geared up and motivated as we move through the schedule.

I'm jazzed that getting us those two non-conference matches means we end up with 13 matches this year (barring any rainouts that don't get rescheduled), it's surely the most matches the girls team has had in a really long time.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-31-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote