View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:53 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Visited Toronto and Niagara Falls back in 2018, though can't help with the rest of your visit.

Obviously, if you haven't done it before and have the time - Niagara Falls is definitely worth the visit. We stayed one night at the Embassy Suites there and it's expensive but very cool to have a room that overlooks the falls. And, of course, the boat is well worth doing.

Speaking of expensive hotels - and I mean expensive - it was about $500 when we went and it's even more now. There's a Marriott that's part of the Skydome and you can get a room that's basically a center field skybox. They have floor to ceiling windows that you can watch from and a smaller window you can open up to get the ambient crowd noise. Interestingly, after the game, you can watch them clean the stadium and then, the next morning, watch some of the game prep for the next day - we were there Saturday night and then before Sunday day game - might be different for other games. Lots of rules around that stay, tho - like when you have to check in and check out and security you have to go through and stuff like that. My cousin and her family came up and had fun watching the game with us and we got a couple of pizzas delivered so they're specific but not super strict.

The rest of the time, we stayed in downtown Toronto because I had some Hyatt points but I'm no help, otherwise in terms of comparing what's useful.

As for Toronto, here's what else we went to see:
* CN Tower was kindof expensive but fun to do, especially for the kids. Though, I mean, if you've seen one of these types of structures, you've seen them all. The glass floor is a little freaky
* Casa Loma - it's a pretty cool grounds and some fun little history stuff as it's like a modern-ish castle. Lots of filming done there, like it's the X-Men mansion in the movies, etc.
* Centre Island - was a fun little outing to take the ferry to the island and it's a little amusement park that was perfect for running a 3yo around on
* Hockey Hall of Fame is a little small for what it should be but it's still good stuff. The hockey cathedral is pretty darn cool.
* Royal Ontario Museum was a good-ish national "natural history museum" type with some history, some science, etc

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote