View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 02:38 PM   #24
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The issue is, if it was just a decision to cancel and that's it, then we could hold off until about the 18th or 19th to make the call (that's when the first of the hotel cancellations have to happen before I get charged). But we're looking to go on a vacation somewhere. So realistically, we've probably got until the middle of next week to pull the plug and go forward with a Plan B that we can actually make happen.

I'm hoping that by next Wednesday or so, the weather will have changed enough that we'll have some indication as to whether it's going to continue to be bad, or they get some rain and wind direction changes (which I think are forecast) to at least salvage the trip. Because we're going up there to be mostly outside, not sit in a hotel room or go from building to building.

I've got one potential Plan B scoped out that would salvage the first weekend in Toronto (the only money outlay that I can't get back for tickets to a couple of things) and then head somewhere else. We'll see.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote