View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 12:41 PM   #33
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Funny about the speed limit because at various points on the 401 (I think?) there are signs that say 120 KPH = $95 fine, 140 KPH = $225 and 150 KPH = $295. So I joked to my wife that I should be able to go 119 KPH and even if they pull me over, there's no fine. Or at least I'd argue it based on the signs.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that I had peameal bacon at breakfast in Toronto one morning. Apparently it's an Ontario thing? I liked it. Leaner part of the pig sliced, rolled in cornmeal and fried. Tasted like a combo of ham and bacon, less salty and (slightly) less fatty.

I was also surprised at how quickly some of my 3 years of French 35 years ago in HS started coming back as we hit more and more French language signs. My kids keep butchering the words and breaking out into accents that verge on like Swedish crossed with South American. It's annoying.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-27-2023 at 12:41 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote