View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #38
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnMikeBrown View Post
Small world!

We just came from Cincinnati, up to Toronto, and have been in Lake Placid the past 2 days.

The rain while driving out of Toronto a few days ago was INTENSE. I don’t know how driving under water could have been more wet,

Lake Placid has been great and well worth it…. Well, except for when we came in to town at 12:30 am and I got a ticket for not using my blinker at a stop sign…still upset with that.

My daughter plays hockey and we’re on our way to CT for yet another hockey thing…. The Hockey HOF was good with all the memorabilia. Lake Placid is great with the sense of real hockey history. Unfortunately she can’t skate here until they open up the ice on July 3rd.

Crazy!

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza and had a great view of the lake. Very impressed with the area, especially as a last minute replacement for Mont Tremblant due to the fires. It was supposed to rain all day on Tuesday but it didn't, so we got in a drive up to Whiteface Mountain and a couple of small hikes. This morning we did the Olympic Museum. Every place we ate was really good. The place was overrun with lacrosse players for a tournament or recruiting showcase or something.

Montreal was supposed to be in heavy smoke today but the combo of rain and NE winds cut it way back and it was mostly done raining by the time we got there around 3pm and barely a slight haze if that. Hopefully it keeps up the next few days. Meanwhile, back home, it was very smoky. We walked Old Montreal this evening and had anniversary dinner at a steakhouse. My daughter had her 3rd and 4th drinks (she's 19 and the drinking age up here is 18-19 depending on the province).

We realized after we left Toronto that we stayed at the same hotel as the CMNT this past weekend. We were pretty sure they were with the Canada soccer program based on their attire, but didn't know they played this week until we saw the highlights.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-28-2023 at 07:46 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote