View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #101
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League - County Meet Update

So we have made our initial submissions for the events we will be swimming at county. It is just an initial submission because I am such a stat geek that the team has asked me to look over the entries and try to location areas where we should make changes to maximize the team's points. This will allow me to make a change if I need to prior to making the final submisison for the meet. Though I have to admit I think the kids made the right selections.

Brett
Brett will be swimming the Breast and the IM. He'll get killed in the IM at the county level but he'll still earn around 7 points for the team...

Bear
Bear's swimming the back and fly...I've seen some times that make me nervous about his chances in the fly. He's fast with his new stroke but inconsistent with it as well. He's just as likely to swim his 16.22 as he is to swim a 17.5 (which won't get it done). In back, his times look good, even though he hasn't matched his best time from last year yet.

Bailey
Bailey's going the fly and IM...my only concern is that she won't get a bunch of time to recover from her IM before she swims her fly, and the fly is her best chance to get on the county team (even though the race will be tight) and with that a spot on a good relay team...

Last edited by Breeze : 06-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote