View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #102
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Swim with Dad Invitational @ GaTech Pool

We have our first Chattahoochee Gold meet this weekend. Brett is signed up to swim 7 events over the 2 days...

200 Free
100 Breast
100 Back
50 Free
50 Breast
200 IM
200 Breast

He does have a chance to get state cuts in all 3 Breaststroke events, but that's not our focus with him right now. He's really pumped up about swimming again (so much so in fact, he has an appliance in his mouth to spread his jaw in preperation for getting braces, that appliance broke on Monday, but he begged my wife to let him practice and take him to the orthodontist afterwards), and I'm just hoping he sees some improvement here (his coach is even talking with him about making improvements that might not show up on the stop watch yet...but they are improvements regardless...and will ultimately create faster times).

With Chattahoochee Gold we don't pick the events that Brett swims his coach does. This is a huge change for us, and a really good thing for Brett because he won't be able to avoid the longer swims in strokes he doesn't like. Right now he's pretty intimidated by the line up of events, and he's really concerned about the 200 IM. He's been negotiating (which is his personality) with us and his coach about not swimming that one, but agreeing to swim the others. The coach is urging him to give it a shot and building up his confidence by saying things like "you can do it", "I believe in you", and "you do it everytime you are at practice"...we'll see if he can convince Brett to swim it when the weekend rolls around (remember, he's quite possibly the most stubborn child I've ever met)...

Last edited by Breeze : 06-13-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote