View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #117
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Long Course State Championship @ Ga Tech - 7/19 - 7/21

We are now signed up for the Long Course State Championships, and thankfully the event is at GaTech, because this year it starts on Thursday and runs through Saturday, rather than the typical Friday through Sunday set up. There is no way that my wife and I could have taken 2 days off to go to Augusta (where the state meet has been held for the past several years), so being in the Atlanta area is very helpful. However, the meet will start each day with an afternoon session, because of this we are going to be unable to get the twins to all of their events. In fact, sadly, it is the 50 Back (that Bailey has been so close to for so long) that they will be unable to swim.

Basically here is how it works out...

Thursday Afternoon - 10U Session

50 Free - Bear
100 Breast - Bailey and Bear
50 Fly - Bailey and Bear

Friday Afternoon - the only event we qualify for on this day is the 50 back so we changed the day my wife doesn't work (she usually only works Mon-Thu) to Thursday so she can take them to that days competition since we have 5 events to swim, and she'll work on Friday instead, and we'll just have to miss those 2 events.

Saturday Afternoon - 10U Session

200 Free - Bear
50 Breast - Bailey
100 Back - Bailey and Bear

Saturday Evening - 11/12s Session

200 Breast - Brett

I'll update the thread with anything interesting I see once the Psych Sheet comes out...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote