View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #126
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League - GRPA State Championships

HISTORY

Before I explained what happened in this meet I figured I'd provide a bit of perspective by writing out the medals we've won in the past here. I'm pretty sure all this information is writen in the thread earlier, but it gives you some insight into why this is a big event for us...

-----------------------------------------------
2008 – Boys 7/8 Medley Relay, A Team – Brett (Breast) – 8th Place
Brett didn’t even know how to dive and was scared to death to go off of the blocks during this meet, but his team still managed to make the finals. They swam the prelims in 1:23.96, and improved in the finals to 1:22.76,

2009 – Boys 7/8 Medley Relay, A Team – Brett (Breast) – 5th Place
Brett was able to dive (though not well) this time around, and his team was vastly improved over 2008, finishing 4th in prelims with a time of 1:16.59, and 5th in the finals with a time of 1:17.72.

2009 – Boys 7/8 Free Relay , B Team – Brett – 6th Place
When Brett was younger he was a decent freestyler…and he just missed getting on the A relay here, but they finished 5th in state, so it really didn’t make much of a difference. Brett’s team snuck into finals in the 8 spot (1:10.85), got 6th overall with a time of 1:10.19.

2010 – Girls 7/8 Medley Relay, B Team – Bailey (Breast) – 6th Place
Bailey Medley team consisted of 2 teammates from the CRC Summer Team and Maddie (at this point Bailey and Maddie didn’t know each other). The group qualified for finals, finishing 7thwith a 1:20.53, in finals they finished 6th with a 1:22.88 (note: the Forsyth County A Team was DQed in the finals, along with the Dekalb County A Team).

2010 - Boys 9/10 Medley Relay , A Team – Brett (Breast) – 4th Place
Qualified for the finals in 6th place with a time of 1:07.15. Finished 4th with a time of 1:07.20.

2010 – Boys 7/8 Individual Medley – Bear – 8th Place
This was a real emotional race for us. Bear qualified for the finals, our family’s first ever individual finals, and he had to improve by 6 seconds over his personal best to get into that 8th spot (only beat the 9th place swimmer by .2 seconds). He then went on to finish 8th in the event, and was very upset. We have a picture of him sitting apart from the other swimmers, almost crying because he felt he had finished last (took a lot of convincing to tell him he was far from last…just didn’t get the whole prelim/finals set up at this point in his life), this was an unbelievable effort, and I was extremely proud of him, and thankful, given both of his relay teams were DQed this year or he would have had 2 more medals at this meet.

2010 – Girls 7/8 Free Relay , A Team – Bailey – 2nd Place
Bailey’s relay was extremely strong…they finished 3rd in qualifying with a 1:08.55, but swam a 1:06.21 in the finals to get 2nd place and a silver medal. This was our first appearance on the podium…and it was exciting and memorable.

2011 – Boys 9.10 Medley Relay, B Team – Brett (Breast) – 4th Place
Brett was stuck on the B relay because he was out touched at County by .04 seconds, had he made the A team he would have earned a Bronze medal in this race. His relay was strong though and they qualified for finals in 4th place with a time of 1:06.91, the finished 4th overall with a time of 1:07.02

Last edited by Breeze : 07-31-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote