View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #141
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
He likes swimming right? Maybe point out how much some of the Olympic swimmers eat (Michael Phelps' whole joking thing about 12,000 calories or whatever) to try to get him to like...live up to what his "idols" are doing in that regard?

Hey DT...

Brett is aware of the calories Phelps eats...he read his book that came out after the '08 games that outlined the diet in detail. He also gets Splash Magzine, which does a great job of outlining nutritional needs of swimmers...and he's learned that on average swimmers consume around 8000...but the fact that we struggle to get 3500 into him doesn't seem to register. We have attempted to create that relational mindset of do what your idols do...but he just doesn't...

It crazy...one day he'll eat like a champ then the next he fight and slow play eating so he'll run out time. Remember I said he was the most stubborn kid I've ever met. Also remember that he takes stimulants every day, which makes it so he isn't really interested in eating.

Anyway...he's currently hovering around 71 lbs. My bet is he'll be around 71.5 when practices start on Monday. I'm just not sure how much of an impact swimming is going to have on the weight. I'm sure we are going to drop below 70 several times and miss some practices before he'll finally buy in to the need to eat more. The kid just has to learn the hard way...

Thanks...

Last edited by Breeze : 08-10-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote