View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #473
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, wrapping up the regular season file for this year. Interesting decision at QB... I think I will end up going with the 16th year veteran, who seems more stable for a one year "go for it again" approach. Still pissed that I let Gelenaw scramble away to AVAILABLE. Alas.

At WR, I'm just going to lean on Guthrie more, sadly. I hope my young "star" Bailey has his breakthrough season now, but I'm putting Guthrie into the 11 slot, where we target a lot of passes. Bailey just didn't make big plays there last year, Guthrie should. Maybe he becomes an 1,800 yard guy this year.

On defense, DE Rison took a ratings hit - seems like age, but that drops him from Grade A closer to Grade B+. Still solid, but probably not a 20-sack threat any longer.

I'm getting a few younger OL slotted into the lineup - that erodes cohesion, but should help set us up for chemistry long term, and actually puts better bars onto the field. We'll see.

I don't think this is a championship team. I think it's a 9-10 win team that has a shot to exceed expectations mostly due to our special sauces.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote