View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #483
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, a mixed blessing here. I have, again, put together a complicated stage file for this league, and then managed to forget to send it. So, this morning I check my desktop and see a 15-line list of instructions for a still-in-progress file. So - all the stuff i wanted to do, including bid on a high-end free agent WR, never made it in.

The upside? Well, i would have missed out on the WR, almost certainly, AND I would have messed things up with a CB I really wanted. By not submitting the file, I got the CB, who will be the new chemistry anchor for the DB group for us, and likely either our CB1 or CB3 in most formations: Leroy Meadows

So, I guess that worked out okay. I put in a high bid for him in stage 2, and had planned to walk it back substantially for stage 3, but in not following through I managed to get him for $38m/yr. Other bids came in around that area, and my $32m (or whatever the lesser bid was) would not have held up.

With Meadows in place, our DB group is in pretty good shape for the long term, as I have him, CB1 Herndon (6th), CB2 Cooley (3rd), DB Wordehoff (2nd), and S2 Winslett (3rd) all ready to stick around for a long time. We should be able to sit back and co-heeze to our heart's content. Will obviously add quality where it pops up, but it's not a need position at all any longer. (I'm now glad I skipped a no-zone CB with my late 1st round pick)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote