View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #473
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
cronin I agree posting is still useful which is why I am OK, though not happy, with voting out Swaggs. I generally think posts only become useful after we gain some more context so I'm not sure how useful a d1 examination would be but would love to hear anything you find.

The biggest problem I have with voting for someone like that on day 1 is you honestly don't know what reason is keeping them from the game. Maybe really swamped at work, or something in RL. I remember last game Blade voted for me because I wasn't there day 1 even though I said a week before the game even started that I wouldn't be in town till the following day if we started then

I just think it gives an easy "out" vote to bad guys that doesn't look suspicious (he wasn't here, why wouldn't I vote for him?).

I agree fully that someone who is not contributing to discussion or votes is not much better than a vote against you, but I usually like to at least give them a day or so to make sure something didn't come up. Everyone gave Tanglewood that luxury for instance but did not extend it to Swaggs. If tangle doesn't show up today I think he is fair game however.

Day 1 votes is a crapshoot no matter which way you go I suppose. Just hate to see someone kicked out if something truly came up that day.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote