View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #366
Radii
Head Coach

December 5th, 2015

Woking (11-4-3, 3rd) @ Aldershot(6-5-9, 17th)

Aldershot are slim 6:4 favorites at their place, we're 13:8 to win. This is our first ever meeting. Aldershot were relegated out of League 1 last year.

GK: Lynch
D: Oliver-Pearce/Williams/Gough/Nikolaou
MC: Upson/Middleton
AM: Kelly/N'Guessan
FC: Paterson/Constantino

The defense... sigh. We start both of our reserve scrubs today. Kelly/N'Guesssan at AM, Paterson up front and the only good news I see is Constantino is back int he lineup today. Standard mindset today, I'm tempted to attack but no.

3': We control the ball for what seems like forever in our offensive end before a foul gives us a free kick 30 yards out. We cross into the area... and they clear.

15': We get foward again, N'Guessan gets a pas from Constantino in the penalty area and just looks afraid to shoot... he holds the ball with a good look available at the goal and allows a defender to get near and put it back for a corner. We can't do anything on the corner.

21': Upson to N'Guessan, he finds Constantino who fires from about 20 ayrds out, its just barely over. Our best look so far.

25': they get some open space on a counter attack, there's a through ball straight up the middle, their striker Sheppard runs onto it and puts a shot past Lynch for a goal. I think that's mostly on Mike Williams. 0-1

37': Scrub DC Gough misses a tackle about 25 yards out, allowing one of their fowards to get a good shot off, lynch witha great save.

39': Constantio receives a pass 25 yards out, he pulls off an amazing move, he dribbles between two defenders to get into the box and find a shot... but its saved. There shoudln't have been a shot there to be had, crazy stuff from Constantino.

HALF: We just look confused on offense. Too many passes when shots are available. Constantino has had chances to create something for himself a couple times but passed instead ot guys that just look downright afraid to shoot. They have 6 shots, 2 on target, we have 5, 2 on target. We have a dominant 59/41 possession edge but just aren't doing anything noteworthy with it.

50': Colin in for Kelly at AML, Harsanyi for Paterson at foward, two guys I wanted to rest but I think they'll help make our offense look acceptable.

54': Scrub DC Gough is hurt. He can stay in but this is bad.

55': Harsanyi makes a run down the right side, he goes very deep towards the end line and tries to center the ball to Constantino. One of their defenders tries to intercept it but instead misplays it and puts it in his own net!! We tie it up on an own goal, but the aggression from Harsanyi made it happen. 1-1

58': We lose the ball in the midfield and they play a long ball foward... both our DC's are closest to it but they are juts slow and not ready... their attacker Sheppard is first to the ball and puts it in. Mike Wiliams takes the blame for the goal and has a 4.9 rating now. 1-2

66': Harsanyi takes it down the left sideline, he can't cross but he gets a pass to Upson, Upson with a through ball, constantino is there, he turns and shoots from near point blank range and scores! I didn't write this until after the replay. Constantino was so very, very far offsides I expected the ruling to change even after the goal was confirmed. This will be brought up in postgame I'm sure. 2-2

89': their "other" foward Raynor gets a yellow for a dive.

92': We intercept a clearance, Upson to Constantino, he finds Harsanyi, Harsanyi makes a man miss and he's got a free run at the keeper, he goes into the penalty area... strikes it from 10 yards out... saved. Oh man we should have gotten a last second winner right there.

Aldershot 2 : 2 Woking

Given our issues I'm happy with a tie here.

Goals: Constantino (7.3)
Assists: Upson (7.9), N'Guessan (7.0)
Notables: Nikolaou (7.1), Mike Williams (5.4), Kelly (6.0)

Oliver-Paerce with a 6.7 out left, Gough a 6.6. Mike Williams was the goat today.

-- No injury issues, I was worried about a long term injury to Gough, but he's ok.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote