View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 04:21 AM   #3521
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, that was the maddening part. WW is a game based on analysis and the utilization of facts. We essentially had no facts in this game. There was nothing we could say for sure about anyone. And that meant anyone could argue themselves out of bad situations or sow suspicion. And anyone could lead people to believe things that were toally false--because we couldn't confirm anything whatsoever.

I admire that you attempted a game like this to make it work, but if I ever see another game with "nothing concrete" involved in it, I am going to step out of it. It was maddening. I'm okay with some mystery--but when everything is complete guesswork, it takes all the fun out. The bad guys knew who were bad and good and had several tools to help them. The good guys had numbers and shots in the dark, with information systems in the lawsuits where we knew nothing about how they were judged, or that we weren't even knowledgeable of all the rules regarding the wealth/bidding system.

We were like fish in a barrel, and not one Tarq was standing outside the barrel, but six.

Amen, CR. This is exactly my belief. I stated several times that I felt the game was heavily rigged in favor of the Tarqs, and that's exactly what happened. It wasn't a level playing field. The fact that we find out that the wealth table that everyone spent so much time with was useless and the Tarqs could go around it at will is the last straw.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote