View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #3532
Tyrith
College Starter

The lack of participation and the lack of information are very highly correlated in my mind -- I know for sure that's why I wasn't talking, because the only facts we had were flaky at best. Not having allegiance revealed on death made this game insanely frustrating because it was impossible to ever get a track record on people. And, to be honest, I don't like having to play 20 questions to figure out the rules of the game.

My main problem with the balance int his game is that there were SIX bad guys, and the conversion came really late, which hurts much, much worse than having a conversion come early on, because we've already started to trust people.

Honestly, for a game we got blown out in I feel like I played pretty good. In the last few days...we had already lost unless the one scenario we had groupthought ourselves into was true. I damn nearly sent in an arrest order for Gramm for the last day, but I figured it didn't matter at all. The general level of frustration meant that at that point I had just kind of stopped caring.

General commentary for future WW reference -- games lasting more than 8 days or so just tends to be too long. It's really hard to maintain interest in a game for two weeks+, especially when your level of frustration towards the game is quite high.

I would like to again thank cronin for all the effort he put into this game, even if it did frustrate me at times. It's really obvious you tried quite hard at this, and I liked a lot of the ideas in it. Looking forward to your next one
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote