View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #767
Radii
Head Coach

-- A strong $11M bid comes in for Neil Gordon from a french first division team, but we aren't even close to interested.

-- Dundee bids almost $3 Million for our young DR/MR Clive Jackson. I seriously consider this one, I have never viewed Jackson to be as good a prospect as Jack Hughes, but when I go to my coaches and scouts, they tell me he's trained really well and that he has the potential to be a better DR than Sylvain Berthet. I'm sold. I don't need money, I see he's trained well over the last year, he's pretty determined, fast as hell (18 pace/17 accel) and appears to have at least decent EPL potential. In fact he may well play for us some next year as a 20 year old.

European Club Rankings

Barcelona take the top spot in Europe back from Chelsea thanks to their much, much better showing in the Champions League i'm sure. Inter winning twice in a row has them in 4th. Current rankings:

1. Barcelona - 158.529
2. Chelsea - 156.759
3. Liverpool - 149.759
4. Inter - 147.169
5. Leverkusen - 146.677
6. Olympique Lyonnais - 144.020
7. Benfica - 142.481
8. Real Madrid - 141.529
9. Man Utd - 140.759
10. Man City - 133.759

Olympique and Athletico Madrid were #4 and #5 last year. Olympique Lyonnais fell to 6th this year, At. Madrid all the way down to 11th.

We moved up from 118th to 110th, but it doesn't seem to have squat to do with our playing in the EPL this year. A bunch of lower rated EPL and top rated Championship teams are tied from 104th to 116th.

Euro U21 Championships

-- There's 8 teams that qualified in this tournament. England is grouped with France, Spain and Bulgaria. The other group is Georiga(??), Portugal, Russia and Italy. The top two teams in each group advance. I care because Stuart Kirkland and Neil Gordon were both selected to represent England. PS Neil Gordon is 23. I guess the age limit was set maybe when qualifying began or something?

-- Kirkland plays 90 minutes and earns a 7.5 rating in a 3:0 win over Bulgaria.

-- Gordon plays 45 minutes against France in a 1:1 draw, putting up a 6.5 rating.

-- In their final group match Kirkland is back in. England draws Spain 1:1. Kirkland puts up the second best rating on the team, a 7.1.

-- England will play Georgia in the Semifinals. Spain and Russia in the other semi I believe.

June 19th: Celtic bid $13.2M for Neil Gordon. His dribbling recently rose to 18, giving him 5 skills rated 18 or 19 now (Corners, Crossing, Dribbling, Anticipation, Creativity). I make an incredibly outrageous counter requesting $50M to try to show how insane I am about not letting him go. If they pay that I'll just buy a better team. :P

-- Celtic withdraw their bid.

We're getting real close to the end of June here.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote