View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #776
Radii
Head Coach

-- Kang Soo-Jin now "Wants to Leave the Club". I really want to give him another year to try to settle in if he doesn't completely go out of control and demand to leave. His value has gone up if I do have to sell him. I really don't want to though.

-- Dinamo Kiev and Stuttgart make offers for Stuart Kirkland that I reject.

Training Update

Most of my initial work is done with my coaching staff based on the great tips I got from you guys. I review my coaches and figure out what they're best at, I read a couple posts on assigning coaches and put together a list of attributes I'm interested in and go hunting. With too many of my coaches assigned to 2 positions and too many of them simply not as good as I would want, most of our training was at the 2-3* level at best.

-- I hire 4 new coaches and re-assign all my coaches, I'm not going to go too deep into individual ratings and all, but we're allowed 10 total coaches and I end up hiring that amount to cover first team/youth differences and that leaves me with the following:

Strength: 3 1/2*
Aerobic: 4 1/2*
Goalkeeping: 3 1/2*
Tactics: 4*
Ball Control: 4*
Defending: 4 1/2*
Attacking: 3 1/2*
Shooting: 4 1/2*
Set Pieces: 4*

Most youth coach training ratings are the same except keeper where we're at a 2*. Chris Mason is 18 now and training with the senior squad so right now that's irrelevant.

I feel pretty good about that!

-- Currently we're spending $393k/wk on salaries. I'm going on the assumption that for whatever reason I will not be getting any drops in salary since we're already into July and they haven't happened yet. I play with the transfer budget slider and I can increase my transfer budget to $6.2M with a $450,000/wk wage budget. I do that for now.

-- Another offer comes in for Kang Soo-Jin, this one for $6.25M from Birmingham, and he officially requests to be transfer listed. I paid $4M for him and he's valued at $5.25M, but I was really hoping to make it work out... I decide to give him what he wants but notify everyone that I want a premium since I've already gotten multiple offers for him. I do transfer list him, but I set my asking price at $10M.

-- Its now June 10th and I've done some cursory player scouting but advanced the game a few times with a hyperfocus on staff without doing any player searches. So its time to really bear down and look at loaners/player transfers.

-- I go ahead and scout a few strikers with good heading ratings, ML's and DC's both availble for transfer and available for loan.

-- Wow, maybe I should have shot even higher here. Within days I get about 10 offers for Kang Soo-Jin. Many are at his original price of $5.25M and I turn those down. But I do get 4 offers for $10M and I go ahead and accept them. I must say I'm a bit unsure of myself here but my tendency in the past has been to go for squad harmony at most costs... buying for $4M and turning around for $10M when he seems very, very unhappy is hopefully a success.

League Cup Draw

-- We'll play Aldershot in the first round of the league cup. They're in League 1.

-- More advice taken here, I hire a Ukranian scout with lots of knowledge in that region in general and assign him to scout Eastern Europe. Our Eastern European knowledge just goes from minimal to "decent" with this hire so I dunno if there would be a lot to expect just yet. This guy is more of an expert int he Ukraine and Russia but has no Czech knowledge, it seems like that'd be something to fill as well.

I do tons and tons of scouting and have made two loan offers (a young target man ST and a young DC). I'm considering buying a ML but haven't made the offer yet.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote