View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #777
Radii
Head Coach

-- The ML I had my eye on starts getting some offers and I go ahead and make one myself. My hesitancy is that I don't think he's necessarily a sure thing at the EPL level... but hey we have to win here too and we are real weak at ML.

Transfer Out

Man that all happened so far. Like I mentioned above, I hope I made the right decision.

AMC Kang Soo-Jin quickly agrees to terms with Naploi in Seire A and wants to go there. I allow the deal to go through, raking in $10 Million in the process.

-- This changes things a bit if I want to try to do something big this year. My Transfer Budget is now $11,700,585 with a wage budget allowed of $475,000/wk. I don't know what the likelyhood of being able to sign a big player at this level will be... but the option is certainly there now.

New Loan In

Welcome 20 y/o ST Simon Hamilton on loan for the year from Southampton. He's 6'2", reasonably strong (13), can jump (15), and head the ball (15). He's got good teamwork and he's good off the ball. I'm hoping these things add up to a guy who could potentially be a good target man for Neil Gordon crosses and will make me a bigger threat when playing wide and on corners.

Physical: all 13-15.
Mental: Off the Ball 15, Teamwork 16, Work Rate 14, Determination 11. Other ratings 8-11. Some low ones, not creative, 10 anticipation I'd like to see higher.

Technical: Heading 15, Technique 15, First Touch 17, Dribbling 13. Finishing is 10.

With the departure of Kang and the arrival of Hamilton its become a near certainty that we'll play a 4-4-2 formation this year.

-- The players I'm looking to loan in are hot this year and its taking awhile for some to decide.

-- While that's going on I find a couple guys that scout very well that I feel like could be really strong additions to the club at this and at the next level and look to quickly blow some of that extra money I got from Kang.

-- And while some transfer offers really start to heat up, a loaner comes in that I'm really excited about:

New Loan In

Welcome 20 y/o DLC/ML Turgay Colak to Ipswich! Colak is a reserve at Inter and a spectacular technical talent. His physical attributes are a little less than I want but this is no James Chester situation... this is a kid that looks spectacular at least for the Championship. Right now all the guys I'm loaning in are guys i might be interested in trying to buy if we move back up too.

Physical: 13 pace/8 accel. 14 str/14 sta.

Mental: Positioning 16/Teamwork 14/Work Rate 16/Anticipation 14. All other ratings between 10-14 except Influence is 6.

Technical: Marking 16, Passing 17, Tackling 16, Crossing 18, Dribbling 14, Heading 13.

While I think his best position is likely DL, we are kinda set there and Colak seems to have what it takes at least at this level to play both ML and DC as well. At DC I'm a little concerned about only 11 jumping as far as winning headers goes. At ML I'm a bit concerned about his lack of acceleration. But I think at the Championship level he could succeed at both.

-- I actually get another loan accepted from a promising DC from Celtic, but I delay it because of a couple other things I have in the works at DC. The English Trialist matches just occurred and there was one player who really stood out, an unsigned Scottish DC who my scouts feel is "as good as Henrique". If I can sign this guy on a free transfer I may bet fairly set in defense.

-- Though really it gets a bit more intriguing... Murcia make a $7M offer for Henrique. Man, that's a tough call. Henrique can play. He'd definitely help me get back up to the EPL this year. But he's turning 33 this year. I paid $4.1M for him. If I sign this free transfer DC that I like so much, and take on this loaner that I've delayed... selling high on a guy that would turn 34 when I next go up to the EPL seems to have a lot of merit. I delay the offer for now.

-- Ahh, heartbreak. After a few negotiations, I make a deal for a 23 y/o MC from Arsenal that is deemed to be "as good as McDonald Mariga", getting him for $6.25M + a % of the profits of his next sale. I worked pretty hard for this one.. but he has no interest in playing for me. Oops. I offer him a contract and when he rejects it I may change the offer around to a loan w/ option to buy, assuming that if I make it back up to the EPL his views would change.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote