View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #785
Radii
Head Coach

-- We did sell out our last match.

-- AC Milan offer $5M for Kirkland. Murcia offer $6M. I reject both.

-- Reading offer $2.5M for Mcdonald Mariga. I'm real torn here, he's not really unhappy... I clearly jumped the gun transfer listing him, and I decide to reject the offer to see how he reacts. I feel like I'm being a bit wishy-washy here, and also that I'm gambling with our morale and unity. He lists me as favored personnel and enjoys playing with Constantino... I feel I made a mistake listing him and want to see if I can hang on to him and make everyone happy.

-- We announce our final season ticket sales numbers, we sold 19,475 season tickets. That's down from 22,912 last year, not bad considering the relegation.

-- Mariga is unhappy that I didn't let him chat with Reading. Crap, I screwed this up every way possible huh? Ahh, learning experiences.

August 14th, 2019

League Cup First Round

Ipswich(CH) @ Aldershot(L1)

We're huge 1:2 favorites on the road here. They're 9:2 to get a win. We've never met before. They've bounced between L2 and L1 since the 08/09 season. They actually just promoted back up from League 2 last year. The first year I managed Ipswich we lost to a lower level squad in my second ever match as their manager. Lets not repeat that. We're expected to reach the 3rd round of the League Cup.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Henrique/Berthet
M: Colak/Mariga/Donnelly/Gordon
ST: Hamilton/Constantino

I start Mariga for Mills today. No other changes. attack attack attack.

7': We earn a corner as Constantino sprints through their defense with the ball, they desperately tackle it away and clear the corner. We retain possession, they foul us about 30 yards out but clear out the free kick.

16': Mariga wins a ball from a defender after they set up their offense. He passes to Hamilton, ahead for Constantino and he simply runs by his man,into the area, ignores the keeper rushing out and puts it into the net. 1-0

24': Foul by defender Ferrell on Constantino near the penalty area, its a yellow for him. Free kick is blocked by the wall.

28': Gordon dodges a couple defenders to get forward a bit, passes to Constantino, he has a shot just tipped by the keeper to go behind for a corner. They clear the corner.

33': Constantino with a long run down the right after receiving a ball near midfield.. He holds it up to let the offense get forward, finds Mariga in the area, Mariga shoots but its high.

44': A pass goes to Hamilton near midfield, their defenders shade that way and that's enough... Hamilton lays it back to Mariga, he puts it ahead into a huge hole down the middle. Constantino runs onto it, easily into the area, and easily scores. 2-0

HALF: This one looks to be an easy one. I bring Clive Jackson in at MR for Gordon and Khan in for Hamilton up front, holding on to one sub.

49': Khan has taken 3 terrible shots the second he touches the ball 20-25 yards out. Desparate to win his starting job? Ugly stuff.

75': Berthet comes down with an injury. His fitness takes a huge hit, we'll check on him post match. I sub in McKerr at first opportunity.

We end it easily.

Aldershot 0 : 2 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Constantino (9.0)
Goals: Constantino 2
Assists: Hamilton (6.9), Mariga (8.0)
Notables: Berthet (7.2), Kirkland (7.0), Henrique (7.1), Donnelly (7.3)

-- Berthet is hurt and out for 2 weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote