View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:34 AM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s my current party:

Level 17 Yungoos, normal, with Tackle, Bide, Pursuit and Sand Attack
Level 18 Magnemite, steel and electric, with Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Supersonic and Magnet Bomb
Level 17 Slowpoke, water and psychic, with water gun, confusion, yawn and curse
Level 17 Grimer, poison and dark, with bite, harden, poison gas and acid spray
Level20 Dartrix, grass and flying, with razor leaf, tackle, astonish and peck
Level 14 Cutiefly, Bug and Fairy, with Silver Wind, Fairy Wind, Stun Spore and Struggle Bug

Now, what’s my type coverage?

There are the 18 types in the game.

STAB is an attack that’s super effective by a character with that type. Ideally, you want to match up STAB with a weakness. Let’s begin with my starter:

Right now, I have STAB attacks against: Rock, Ground, Water. Flying gives me Grass, Fighting, Bug to that list. But I’ll loose flying eventually. And gain Ghost and Psychic.

Now, I don’t like using the same Pokemon from game to game, so I’m not sure I’ll use Magnemite for the game. I also like using new Pokies as well. Now I consider Grimer new for a few reasons. I’ve never, ever in my life run a Grimer/Muk in my party for anything other than leveling up, and more. It’s an Alolan special version of that Pokemon, and this is not something I’ve used, so I feel that Grimer is a solid harasser style Pokemon for me right now.

Grimer gives me STAB against – Psychic, Ghost, Fairy, Grass.

So Grimer adds Psychic, Ghost, and Fairy to the list of those we are good against.

Now I like Slowpoke right now, but it’s not a long term solution. But it STABs Fire, Ground, Rock, Fight and Poison. That adds three more to our list. And Magnemite adds Water, Flying, Rock Ice and Fairy, so you get a few more that way.

Yungoos has done very little. I’m holding onto it hoping it will be the Stoutland of this generation. A major player once evolved, and you could get it really early in the game. It had 490 total skill, the same amount that Alakazam, Altaria, Wheezing and other major players had.

So what types do I not have STAB in my Grimer, Magnemite, Dartrix, Slowpoke combo?

Dragon, Normal, Steel, Electric, Dark.

Now what about the Cutiefly?

It gives me Fairy, which is strong vs Dragon, Dark, Fight, and Bug, good against Grass, Psychic and Dark. So I get two more types covered with it.

Alright, its time to let Yungoos go from my party. For now, I’ll put in that Oricario, because I’ll need flying later when I lose it, and I suspect I’ll eventually drop Magnemite, so having a electric I’ve been working on helps. Plus maybe some of its form changes give me better types.

From the PokeMart here I buy some:

10 Great Ball
20 Repel
1 Escape Rope

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote