View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #115
Buzzbee
College Starter

Oh the days of black cats, butterflies, devils and hayrides. My wife was bummed last night. You see, at my youngest daughter's school they have a Fall Festival/Halloween carnival. Every year my wife will go up there and walk around with our kids as they play the various games to win the cheap-ass little prizes and the candy. It has really been a bonding time, as even my mother-in-law will go so that they can share the time together and the fun and laughter.

Last night my youngest told my wife that she wanted to walk around with her friends instead of hang with mommy. They grow up so fast. It'll be the first time in ten years that my wife won't have a kid to walk around with. She almost cried.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, enjoy the times that you can tell your kids where they are going to go, what they are going to wear, when they will go and when they will come. At some point they will hit high school, you will become as important as that old Barney tape (or whatever/whoever replaced Barney these days) and rather than being the source of all that is good you will become the source of all that is evil.

Enjoy these times!!! They will not last! Oh, and take lots and lots of pictures of your kids in compromising positions. You can use them to your advantage when they hit high school.

Me: Oh yeah, well I'm going to show Kevin that picture of you on the potty!!

Her: Dad!! NOOOOOOO!!!!

ME: Okay then, get off the computer at 9 like I said. No later.

Her: Uh, Dayyyuuud! (we live in the South)

Me: Picture. Remember?

Her: Ughhhh! (storms off to computer room and types furiously to her friends about how mean I am)