View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #123
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

very rough stuff Breeze. So far, knock on wood, we've been blessed with healthy kiddos. Most frightening event wasn't any of them not being able to breathe, but Andrew being unable to bear any weight on his right leg. From playing soccer on a Wednesday night to slightly limping on Friday morning, to havign a hard time walking by 4pm on Friday to simply being unable to lift his right leg on Saturday morning. He was his soccer coach back then and I couldn't remember him hurting himself while playing, so I was at a loss to explain it. I was thinking about the worst degenrative kind of crap, even flash eating bacteria. Yeah extreme, but he was our only child back at the time and you know how parents can be protective of their kiddos.

We took him to the ER, where his condition wasn't deemed to be very urgent so we spent a nice 4 hours waiting until they saw him and diagnosed him with a transient synovitis of the hip, basically something that can come and go, which it did. Saturday was his worst day, then it got better on Sunday and on Monday he was up to maybe 85% then back to normal on Tuesday. Freaky episode...

FM