View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #445
AnalBumCover
College Starter

As I approach the end of my Couch-to-5K training (I'm technically done with training, I just need to run the final 5K as a formality), I wonder what's next for me and I would like your opinions on this.

I'll be out of the country (in the Philippines) for three weeks in July, and by looking at my itinerary, my running will be pretty limited during this time. And when I return, I may suffer a slight setback but probably not too much.

So here I will be, back from vacation and ready to pound the pavement once again. But which way? Train for 10K? Improve my 5K time? First build my mileage to 20/wk, then work on speed/distance?

Currently, I expect my first 5K to be completed in about 45 minutes. I would definitely like to improve on that, but what I hear from you guys is that this will be accomplished on its own as I continue to do the miles.

I have a lot of short term goals in my head. I just don't know which order I can achieve them, or whether I can tackle more than one with one type of training regimen.

My initial thought would be to just work on building my mileage first with no speed-work at this time. Once I maintain 20 miles/week, then I can branch out to a more specific goal.

What do you think FOFC?