View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #2849
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
If you kill the High Sparrow now you make him into a martyr and the people will rip the Lannisters and Tyrells down from their positions of power. That's what it means by he has won. He's gotten the King to admit the equality of the Faith to the Crown in front of the people who cheered wildly. If he gets assassinated, the people of King's Landing wouldn't stand for it.

Yeah, I get that was the suggestion, it just wasn't presented well enough to be believable....especially considering that there are now two of Westeros'es largest armies in King's Landing. Likewise, I think the more power and influence they show the High Sparrow quickly gaining in King's Landing works as a deterrent for the Lannisters, but I'd imagine the Tyrells would be only MORE motivated to wipe him out, considering the threat he presents....the Tyrells would likely much prefer a dead High Sparrow, a revolt in King's Landing, and even the potential loss of their Queenship (especially considering that it's already been greatly compromised) versus the alternative of letting the High Sparrow's power and influence spread similarly unchecked into Highgarden.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote