View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #6870
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Apparently Whole Foods has an early-distribution plan for its workers that they're setting up now. They're at least expecting to be close to the front of the line. I wonder if household members count, or maybe I get get an early one if I finally get hitched.

I have no idea how that will all work in practicality though. I think it's up to the state governments, who probably make arrangements with hospitals and schools and grocery stores, etc, to get to distribute to them first, I guess through a hospital clinic.

See this is where the arguments from earlier this summer makes things tricky. Well tricky is a relative term given what we will and will not remember in two months. Let's take schools. The reason it was fine to open up schools is that there was a small chance of the kids passing it around to each other and an even smaller chance of them getting really sick from it and the teachers just had to suck it up. Shouldn't that the last place we should be worry about vaccinating? That does not go into the stuff whomario talked about the different standards for kids vaccinations. On the other hand, it makes sense that Whole Foods is setting up their program. We need to keep the workforce going to keep the country from shutting down. They should get the vaccine first, no?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote