View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #367
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 1 – We win init. I hop some mechs in the south to take the lower trees quickly and our Comet, Thor, jenner and Vulcan have that area secure quickly . Then I move our heavier units in the centers between the two ridges an d west. I keep a few units like the Archer and Vulture in some light trees in the back for now. Light dustings occur, and no one falls or anything.

Turn 2 – We win init again. I hop folks to position for potential back-attack runs next turn. We have a lot of high numbers to hit some folks, so I try to shoot well, taking targets of opportunity. After that turn, still not much, although our clan mech Thor took 40+. Our Vulcan punched their Firestarter’s hip, but it’s still standing

Turn 3 – This is going to be one of those longer, drawn out battles. We lose init. They have a lot of short range mechs that scare me – ultra AC10 on the Urbie, Victor, Thunderbolt, that’s a strong Stalker variant – the 5M, and so forth. Range is their vulnerability I think, but we haven’t been pecking them apart like I’d hoped. I’ll come in some, leadi ng with our Attila. Hope it works! I hop our Vulcan into a heavy woods hex that is at -1 elevation, hoping someone might expose themselves to close. Their FS runs on that hip actuators but manages to keep standing. Idiot. Another slow turn with a few mechs taking some damage, and nothing major happening.

Turn 4 – We lose init again. I back up my forces. I walk my Jenner into a similar trap that my Vulcan was in last turn. Still nothing. I alpha Strike my Jenner at their Firestarter, Our Jenner nails the large laser on their Firestarter. Their Goliath nails a medium laser on our Jenner. Our Vulcan takes out the RA of their Urbie. Our Jenner falls and destroys its RA. The hex with the Jenner in it ignites.

Turn 5 – We win init. I charge everything up. Vulcan in the trap again. I careful stand the Jenner. The Firestarter closed with it. Out Attila destroys the LA and LT of their Vindicator, as well as blowing off the RA. Out Thor unloads on their untouched dStalker with its Ultra AC 20 and such and blows it for a ton of damage. After our Thug follows it up with more with two PPCs and 11 out of 12 SRMs from its packs, the Grand Crusader nails it with a pair of LRM20s, and then a medium pulse laser hits the SRM6 narc ammo. Dead mech (no CASE). Their Vindicator falls, destroys its RT, and the pilot blacks out. Their Shadow Hawk falls (from just 20+ damage) as well.

Turn 6 – We win init. I push some folks forward more. I leap the Attila into some woods and right in front of their force. I move the Alexander in hard as well. Their Shadow Hawk rises. Our Comet gets next to their Firestarter. Our Comet fires all of its mighty weapons load and blows off a RA, destroys a RL and LT. Our Thug destroys their Urbie’s LT, and our Griffin it’s Right Leg. Meanwhile our Vulture cracks the AC20 of their Victor and takes it out. Our Grand Crusader’s large pulse laser hits the Thunderbolt’s head, cracks the armor, and nails the cockpit, killing the MW. After it falls, their Urbie destroys its other leg, and their Firestarter tumbles as well. No one else does. Our Atilla kicks an undamaged Wasp and destroys its RL. It falls.

They call it at that. Too much all at once, plus the lucky kill against the Thunderbolt.

Wasp missing RL
UrbanMech missing RA, LT, RL, LL
Vindicator missing LT, LA, RT, reattach RA
Stalker LA, RL
Firetsarter missing RL, LT, reattach RA
Thunderbolt, fix cockpit

Jenner missing RA

Kill – Grand Crusaderx2,

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote