View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #382
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Beginning of the Errai Campaign

July 10, 3066 – Alright Blake, tell me what you have. You’ve been working on getting us a way onto Errai for 20 months now, you wanted us to go in, and now we have our political excuse. Punishment for Small World. Victor’s side keeps pissing me off.

So let’s hit them. Hard.

What’s the plan?

That easy, eh?

I want the forces in system in a month. Might as well begin now.

The Northwind Highlanders used to have a unit garrisoning Errai. But, after the Highlanders left the FedCom, they left Errai too, so a new group of mercenaries are there, garrisoned on planet – Harlock’s Warriors. And that’s it. Despite the presence of a mech-making factory on planet, it’s clear that it’s not valued that much (probably because the mechs are sold to ComStar, and not kept domestically). The world is a border world with the Combine and us, but apparently not a high profile target.

Take a look:

Harlock’s Warriors – Recently had a purge of units in some infighting, and are now green, reliable.

One regiment of mechs, purge dropped them to 80ish right now.

The Warriors prefer to attack and do raids, not garrison work. Their mechs are faster medium mechs. Very few heavy and assault designs, and those are usually mobile too keep up with the mediums.

They have a squadron of regular, reliable fighters as well.

And that’s it. Not tons of armor or infantry or difficult troops.

We’re elite, bigger, nastier, have the best equipment, and they would be defending, green, outgunned and out numbered.

That’s an easy recipe for success.

So, with the invasion looking downright quaint compared to some of our others, and the political climate being right, and the numbers lining up, one major question remains –

Will the people accept us, or will they spend a lot of time working against us?

And I guess a second question – what will the eventual counter-strike look like? Can we keep Errai?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote