View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Maltex Corporation –

Producing and creating some of the iconic mechs of the Star League era, particularly the Thug. They also created the Wyvern and Assassin. Their mech lines were restored by ComStar a while ago, and they make Thugs and Wyverns again, exclusively for ComStar.

The Wyvern they make is the Wyvern 10N. LRM10, 8 tons of armor, 4/6/4 speed thus far, ER PPC, medium pulse laser, Guardian ECM, and a C3i computer, 11/22 heat, 1199 BV, no XL engine, 5 million CBills.

Can’t use the C3i. Mech really isn’t the best mech for us outside of urban combat.

Now…

Thug…THG-2E….C3i, 2x ERPPC, 2x SRM6, 17/34, full armor, no xl engine, 4/6, 9.9 mill CBills, 1751 BV

Again, can’t use the C3i

So, what Maltex will be doing is adding one new line to each mech line for us exclusively as well.

We’ll be getting the…

THG-11Eb – A Star League era design that was used in the Star League Royal Guard. 80 tons, 18/36 heat sinks, max armor, 4/6 movement, 2x ER PPC, 2x SRM6, 2 tons of ammo with CASE, 8.77 mill CBills, 1759 BV

We’ll be getting this one at the rate of around 15 a year. It’s a pre-existing version that is already in the database, there are no changes to the chassis, armor, weapons, engine, internal structure. It just swaps some more ammo and CASE for the C3i. They can add the line in three months since they are so close.

And we’ll be getting the Wyvern 9N, created by COmStar to help defeat the clans in the battles at Tukkayid. 45 tons, 4/6/4 movement, LRM 10, Large pulse laser, 2x medium pulses, SRM2 streak, 10/20 heat snks, CASE, but less armor. 3.729 mill, 1067 CBills. We went for a cheaper, high quality mech rather than making our own Wyvenr variant which would take a lot longer to jumpstart. Very similar to the one they are making right now – same type of structure, engine, chassis, and more, and they made for 9Ns for ComStar a while ago, so they can refit a new line for us in two months.

Since we told Maltex to begin the new lines back in early July, we’ll get the first Wyvern and Thug off the line in September 15 and October 15 respectively!

So Blake is getting both of the ComStar exclusive lines exclusively, and we are getting these lines as well. Everyone wins really.

(In the main story line, Word of Blake worked with Maltex to secure some of the mechs and technology heading to ComStar. So again, I’m using a similar parabola to the “Real” story line in resonance with our own).

Duke Essex talks briefly about a new Assassin line with them, but they aren’t ready to do that yet. The Assassin has been much maligned lately, and was never a great mech, so they are happy to have outsourced that to other companies, make some revenue free of charge, and then move on.

Essex tours the plants with his wife and son, and a few other adjuncts, and then they head back off world for now.

End of the Errai Campaign

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote