View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #26
Scortch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I guess maybe would might help the interface would be if there was basically a combined depth chart/roster screen that takes advantage of the amount of pixels in a screen today. If View Rosters was a visual depth chart you could basically relegate a lot of the other options into a top menu option and it would lose a ton of the spreadsheet feel almost immediately. The interface looks ugly cause there are way too many options to be seen from every prompt that it's almost intimidating.

This to me is far and away the area that in most need of work. Right now, to set my depth chart I have to go to the roster, open each player to find the qualities I'm looking for, memorize what order I want them in in the depth chart, close the window, go to a different menu and open another screen and input my depth chart. Having multiple windows open would help, but being able to enter my depth charts from the roster window would be infinitely better.

The best way to do that would be to have it be a bit more graphic in that you can have an offense and defense set up similar to how you already have the Personnel windows except with multiple slots under each position. You can still use the Personnel windows to handle exceptions such as third down backs and which linebackers you want on the field in nickel and dime packages. Adding a Depth Chart View into the Roster window would allow you to add this functionality without compromising what you already have.

Doing things this way to set my depth chart I'd just go to the Depth Chart View and click on each QB to see their qualities and move them up and down the depth chart as I see fit and repeat for each position. I realize that you can see a player's bars from the depth chart window, but you can't see their stats, overall rating, age, contract, potential for improvement, etc. All the other things that goes into a decision of who to play.

I want to add that this is by far the best sports sim game I've played. It's very immersive and fun. This is nitpicking because that seems to be what you're asking for. Great job on the game.
Scortch is offline   Reply With Quote