View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #96
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I recently got the newer Samsung Galaxy, but got the S10e, and really like it so far. I had an iPhone 6 16gb for the last 4 years that really wore out its welcome. Decided to try Android again.

I like the S10e, though. The cheaper price compared to the S10s was only a small benefit and reason why, though. I don't like the curved edge screen. Don't like the distortion at the edges when doing full screen video and feel it is more likely to break with a fall due to the edged screen. I prefer the slightly "smaller" (smaller in quotes because even small phones are huge these days). The S10e screen is still very large and mostly screen on the front with very small bezels that I like. It has the same cameras as the bigger brothers minus the telescopic lens, but the same widescreen lens and sensors for the regular camera. Same processor. SLIGHTLY smaller battery but still get good battery life. It has the same internals as the bigger brothers except for a select couple things, which is rare when companies gimp their smaller or cheaper models with cheaper internals. I did get the 256gb storage model, though, because that one has the bump in RAM versus the standard 128gb model. I just like have that much storage, though, so I never have to think about storage for the life of the phone. Coming from a 16gb iPhone for 4 years its a breath of fresh air to not have to micro manage my fucking storage.

Honestly, the only things it doesn't have is the higher resolution screen and the under screen fingerprint sensor. It has the capacitive (sp?) fingerprint in the power button, but for an "older" tech finger print sensor it is insanely fast and accurate. I almost prefer it to the newer, less accurate, and potentially more fiddly in screen finger print. It just works.

The screen resolution is noticeable if you go into your providers store and look at them side by side. The regular S10 looks crisper and just overall nicer. But once you are removed from the side by side I have never once thought my S10e's screen was anything but great. It's just a very nice fucking screen. The regular S10 is just a step above "very nice fucking screen."

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 04-20-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote