View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Fictional Fast-Sim Quickstart with 200+ years of history (for OOTP 14)

This is my ongoing fast-sim solo league that I started back in 2008 and have been actively managing through versions 9, 10 and now 11 of OOTP. It's accumulated over 200 years of history beginning in 1800 and this file will take you to the start of the 2012 season.

The years aren't important, I started in the past because I knew I wanted a long history when I started it and I have a hard time starting in the modern times, but the economic model and stats (ok, mostly) have been relatively static. There is a period of a juiced ball and dead ball period, but...I managed to stabilize it before moving it into OOTP 11 upon release.

There are 36 teams in the majors (two 18-team leagues) and 8 teams in each make the playoffs at the moment. (7-7-7-9) There are three levels of minors, but ghost players are turned on.

Schedule is custom and all of the major league teams have uniforms and logos.

The history alone might engross you for hours before you even decide to play it at all, at least, it does for me and I've been around for all of it. Enjoy.

It's huge (all that history, you know) so it'll take a while, but it's worth it. Unzip the file and then download it into your Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\quickstart_games\ folder.

Salary cap is set to $66 million.

Lemme know if you have questions!

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote