View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I got a good pm question just now, so I am bringing it up here, in case others have the same question:

You will automatically pick up everything you find except for weapons and armor - see exceptions below. So, if you find a Wand, a scroll, a potion, a ring, etc, you will automatically pick it up.

If you discover a magical weapon or armor, you will automatically pick it up unless you have hit your encumbrance. Then you will need to tell me that you want to exchange. So, for example, if you have two armors, and you find a magical set of armor, you will NOT pick it up unless you tell me you wish to do so. This doe snot require an action, merely a pm.

You will also automatically pick up any armor that is non magical and better than what you are wearing, if you can wield it. So, for example, a Bard discovering a non-magical suit of studded leather would immediately drop their suit of leather for it and equip it. However, they would not automatically pick up a non-magical set of chainmail, because they cannot wear chain.

The same is true of weapons.

When in doubt, with armor and weapons, just tell me what you want to pick up and you will be safe.

You can also drop an item at any time with out needing to take an action, just pm me*

* - Exception - equipped cursed items cannot be dropped.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-10-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote