View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

After my season ending meeting with Mr. Dalbert, I decide to make a change with our coaching staff. I want guys who are better at developing players than what we currently have because we will definitely be in a young team in the coming years.

We sign Rudy Tomjanovich to a 5 year deal as our new head coach. Welcome to Cleveland, Mr. Heart of a Champion. We also sign Mark Potter, Kim Hughes and Mike Sanders to round out our assistants, and then it's time to get ready for the draft.

We invite:
Top Prospects:
PG Kyrie Irving
C Enes Kanter
PG Brandon Knight
SF Derrick Williams
C Jonas Valanciunas
PG Kemba Walker
PF Bismack Biyombo
PF Marcus Morris

Our 2nd round hopefuls:
PF Jeremy Tyler
PF Justin Harper
SF Kyle Singler
SG Josh Selby
PF Kenneth Faried
PF JaJuan Johnson
SF Fernando Van Hook
SG Shelvin Mack
C Cory Mann

I think I'll be able to get a decent big man in the 2nd round, at least I'm hoping I will. I select PG Kyrie Irving and SF Derrick Williams with the 1st and 2nd picks. And all the bigs that I thought would be there are gone except for Cory Mann, and I'm not sold on him. We select SF Fernando Van Hook, SG Travis Leslie and SG Josh Selby.

Our summer league team goes undefeated. We were able to pick up Marc Gasol and he had a really good summer. He's a free agent and I'll be watching the market for his services. We enter free agency with an insane 42 million in cap space. Now, let's find some players.

We sign Marc Gasol to a 5 year, 55 million deal with a team option, PF Troy Murphy to a 3 year, 30 million deal with a team option, and SG Arron Affalo to a 5 year, 20 million deal with a team option. Then we try to find some role players who'll sign on 2 year, team option deals and find PG Mario Chambers and PF Tim Thomas, and then we sign C Erick Dampier and C Zydrunus Ilgauskas to a 1 year deal. We have 14 players under contract, and about $12 million in cap space. There is the potential that Carmelo Anthony will be a free agent next season, and there is part of me that would love the story of him coming in here and winning a title to show up LeBrenedict.

I think I'm done for this season in free agency. Hopefully, I've done enough to get us back into the playoffs. I send Fernando Van Hook and Josh Selby to the D-Leagues.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote