View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #370
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

June 25, 2013 (afternoon)

We get our expectations for the upcoming season, which is to achieve a respectable league position in BSBN (appears to be defined as a top half finish).
That's good for $8.5k weekly salary budget & $0 transfer budget.

If we upgrade those hopes to promotion it'd be another $500/wk, if we shot for winning it all again that would add an additional $250/wk.

I leave things as they are, I don't think one good player, which is about what that $500/wk is worth, is going to assure promotion & I figure I'm on shaky enough ground after the losing streak as it is.
---

A bunch of youth contracts have expired, some of those players we'd like to keep around probably but ... we're still way over budget for another week.
---

Jonson Clarke-Harris, Pearce Farren, Olly Bashford, Callum Wilson, Jonathan Henly, Laste Dombaxe, Andrew Musungu and Craig Cresswell are all added to the Reserves as they have aged out of U18 competition.
---

June 26, 2013
To our amazement (and possible delight), Hartlepool has accepted our request to extend the loan of Josh Rowbotham for the upcoming season. Hopefully he will agree.
---

BSBN promotion odds have been released by Sky Bet. Kidderminster is the Even odds favorite to promote. The rest of the main contenders include
Blyth 3:1
Barrow, Boston Utd, Southport 6:1
Altrincham 12:1

I wish I had their confidence