View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #384
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jul 17, 2013
Our "Reserves" play a friendly at Billingham Synthonia, a semi-pro Northern D1 side. Technically speaking these are "reserves" for us but there's also 5 trialists starting as well as some players who are tentatively expected to make up the reserves but anybody has a chance to grab a spot at this point.

Nwachuku scores on a penalty at 4:15 (1-0)
They level it on their first shot of the match, Gonzalez totally offguard at 24' (1-1)
Bennett banks in a shot off the goal frame at 27', assist to Nwachuku(2-1)
Abraham taps home a rebound at 43' (3-1)
Halftime - When you outshoot an clearly physically inferior side 10-3, you should have a lead & we do. Let's see how we do when we remove most of the trialists & first team candidates

Hunt scores again, this time turning Bashford inside out to get free for a long one that gets past Archer at 59' (3-2)
Multiple subs again at 69'
Ferguson takes a knock & has to come off at 83'

Fulltime: We hang on for a 3-2 win. Predictably our advantage fell off once we subbed heavily but given last season's turn of events I'll take any positive feeling I can find. Playing notably well were Abraham, Bennett, and Nwachuku. Playing notably poorly were Bashford (5.4) and Stevenson (5.7)